The Allotment Garden is our largest web site and consists of over 2,000 pages. The site contains a sub-site, The Poultry Pages and a very popular and busy forum Allotment Chat It is the most popular site in its area in the UK.
Both the Poultry Pages and Allotment Garden contain ‘shops’ which are linked to site partnering affiliate merchants. There is also specialist bookshop utilising Opencart and a section selling the site owners own books.
Both sites also contain diary blogs and Allotment Garden has a large recipe section which is actually a WordPress blog along with a video section that is also based on WordPress.
Much of the site is hard written utilising php for included menus but these are in the process of being transferred to a WordPress based CMS. The whole site is in the process of being re-skinned to a responsive design.
– note figures are approximate and vary seasonally due to the content being gardening related.
- Allotment Garden Main receives around 250,000 visits per month from 150,000 unique visitors and serves around 600,000 pages.
- The chat forum receives around 150,000 visits per month from 100,000 unique visitors and serves around 1 million pages.
- The Poultry Pages receives around 85,000 visits per month from 40,000 unique visitors and serves around 275,000 pages.
- The video section receives around 10,000 visits per month from 5,000 unique visitors and serves around 30,000 pages.
The Allotment Garden Diary Latest
- June 19, 2018
The greenhouse is doing rather well this year, even if I do say it myself. The tomatoes are sturdy and a very healthy deep green. There’s a load of fruits developing and some of the Ailsa Craig and Black Russian…Read more ›
The post Greenhouse Tomatoes Aubergines Doing
- June 16, 2018
As you may have gathered from my last post, I was not a happy chappy after Storm Hector’s visit. Still, what you can you do? Weather is definitely ‘circumstances outside of our control’ so you just have to pick yourself…Read more ›
The post Back in Action After
- June 15, 2018
Storm Hector Hit Looking at the weather forecast it didn’t seem that we were going to get hit too badly by storm Hector but I really should realise how bad the winds can be here. When I got up this…Read more ›
The post Storm Damage – Mini
- June 13, 2018
The weather has been absolutely glorious, in fact too warm if anything. Porthmadog, which is just a few miles away from us, has been the hottest place in the UK a few times. Being high up it’s cooler here and…Read more ›